Sea Haven Mission Statement
mission of Sea Haven Inc. is
to extend a helping hand to
those youth whose lives may
be in disarray, We believe that
through positive intervention
we can promote opportunities
for growth, learning, and happiness
that might not be available
in the experiences of such children.
We intend our efforts to be
supplementary to the already
existing public sponsored programs.
In order to fulfill the services for youth in this community, Sea Haven may engage in one or more of the following:
- Develop and maintain one or more houses to used for residential care
- Actively seek and solicit funding to support specific services for youth, and to serve as responsible administrative and fiscal agents for the use of such funds
- Advocate when deemed necessary, for youth oriented services needed in this community
- Continue to focus community attention on the particular needs of youth through public awareness programs
Sea Haven Advisory Committee
The objectives of the Sea Haven Advisory Committees are as follows:
- Conduct critical reviews of the various program components to help identify strengths and weaknesses
- Recommend changes/additions to program services
- Provide advice addressing those barriers that interfere with clients being able to successfully complete the program
- Assist in creating public awareness promotions designed to inform the community of the program services
- Help in recruiting potential client participants
- Promote positive youth development by encouraging the involvement ofyouth participants in policy/procedure decisions
- Actively engage in resource development by fund-raising, recruiting volunteers, accessing material/supplies, or forming alliance with other agencies or organizations
- Generally, to advise and support the Sea Haven programs
Sea Haven Advisory Committee Membership
Advice for the information and first steps operation of the Advisory Committees:
- The committee will consist of not less than five and not more than ten adult/youth members with at least two members being active or graduated Sea Haven youth.
- Community youth, ages 18-21, are eligible for membership and at least one such youth should be serving at all times.
- Potential committee members will be nominated by Sea Haven Inc. staff; by Sea Have Executive Board members, and/or by current members of the advisory committee.
- Committee member nominations will be submitted to the Executive Director and current advisory committee no later than January 1, of each year. If there are no objections to the nominated individuals, the Executive Director and current advisory committee will elect the agreed upon number of members. No member should be requested to serve more than two years, but may volunteer to serve additional years.
- The advisory committee will every three months (or more if necessary) meet with the Sea Haven staff-Outreach Coordinator, and the agenda set by the Director of the program and/or staff. Minutes will be taken at each meeting.
- Meeting times, dates, and places will be determined by the membership and scheduled in advance to ensure attendance.
- The initial committee members will develop other committee practices.
Sea Haven Shelter Advisory Committee
Frank Boulineau IV
Emily Grey Wayne
Sea Haven Transitional Living Program Advisory Committee
Sea Haven Street Outreach Program Advisory Committee
Interested In Becoming An Advisory Committee Member?
Please contact Christina Jackson via email at email@example.com for more information.